Carmel Death Cafe in Indiana
On Sunday October 19th, the Death Cafe met with 12 attending. There was much discussion of suicide and assisted suicide inspired by a 29 year old woman named Brittany who has chosen to end her life next month as the result of being diagnosed with a virulent form of brain cancer.
Our gathering was enhanced with a gluten free dessert and fresh fruit; evaluation comments included responses to the question "What was the most enjoyable aspect of the Cafe?"
- It is inspiring to talk to others
- Our participation
- Enjoyed topic starter and how the conversation just flowed
- Open conversation about a difficult subject
- Safe enviroment to discuss death and enjoy hearing people share their insights
- Intimate sharing and being with like-minded people
- I am veryglad to have come today and enjoyed wisdom and insights of the group
Next Cafe will be held on Sunday Nov.16 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.