Carmel Death Cafe in Indiana
The first Carmel Death Cafe was held on Sunday July 20, 2014! What a great group of people to meet. They were enthusiastic and grateful for one another; in fact, the "theme" in their evaluation comments was that they appreciated being with like-minded people who were willing to talk about death and dying. One even called it "fun" and another referred to it as a "fresh breath of openness". Love that!
- Sharing and recognizing that others have same questions and concerns
- Listening and connecting
- Being around others who are willing to speak about death
- Meeting new people and sharing similar experiences
- Variety and diversity of experiences; very comfortable and low pressure environment and hearing some perspectives that I might consider exploring and or adopting
- People who listened without judging gave me a new perspective
- Meeting new people and talking about "that word" death
- The acceptance and openness of discussion; no pressure if you did not want to participate. Everyone listened and seemed to accept all other views.
- Hearing all the perceptions of non- healthcare people; people who had recently loss loved ones in hospice
- Sharing common concerns and experiences
- A great cake homemade, loved the table center; thank you for great environment you created
Congrats, so happy for you.
Posted by Monica