Posted by Death Cafe's @ McGill
Hosted by DeathCafe@McGill
July 30, 2019
6:00 p.m. (EDT)
8:00 p.m. (EDT)
Mount Royal Park, 1260 Remembrance Rd, Montreal, QC
This Death Cafe has taken place
About this Death Cafe
Please join us for a stimulating evening talking about death. The event will be hosted in a safe, comfortable and private space. Each of our facilitators are internally trained on holding a safe space, issues related to diversity, and crisis intervention. While this event is hosted by McGill University anyone is more than welcome to attend. Please note that this café will not be held at Building 21 but in Mount Royal Park. We will be parking ourselves somewhere near Beaver Lake (i.e. close to the Cafe des Amis - Pavilion).
A couple of notes to pay special attention to for this café:
- Death Café on Mount Royal will be potluck style
- Please bring your favourite snack/drink to share with our lovely group
- Please also feel free to bring blankets and/or folding chairs to sit on
- Accessibility alert - the area is bus accessible but we cannot guarantee that there will be seats available
- We will have someone from our team waiting at the Beaver Lake bus stop to help anyone who may need assistance
- If you have any accessibility needs please feel free to contact us
The best part of this Death Café is that there is no occupancy limit. Please plan to still arrive on time so as to not disrupt the conversation.
DeathCafé@McGill is supported by funding from McGill's Mary H. Brown Fund, Sustainability Project Fund & Building 21. We also acknowledge Kit Racette for her guidance on facilitating a Death Café.
Amanda and Daniel spend most of their days working with and studying postmortem human brain samples. As postmortem scientists, they both have a fascination with death. Their research attempts to use these valuable brain samples coupled with psychological autopsies of the deceased to investigate the neurobiology of depression and suicide. Together they are attempting to create a culture of death positivity on university campuses across Montreal, Canada.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe
Please also see: https://www.facebook.com/events/1318920518263832/