Posted by MidwichG
Hosted by Victoria Keen
April 3, 2022
3:00 p.m. (GMT)
5:00 p.m. (GMT)
An Online Death Cafe
This Death Cafe has taken place
About this Death Cafe
Death is generally considered a taboo subject in Western culture. Our objective is to increase awareness of death and explore how this may enhance our everyday well-being.
Due to the situation with Covid-19 this Death Cafe will be held online using www.zoom.us
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you login details.
TO DO TO SET UP ZOOM TO JOIN
Follow this simple step by step guide:
* Zoom is very user friendly and we will all work together to help each other with this alternative Death Cafe; so if you are not computer savvy, as long as you can get into the chat do not be nervous and think it isn't for you. Have a go we really want to see you.*
1) Download the Zoom app to your mobile phone or sign up at www.zoom.us on you computer; this is free.
- If you download on your computer it is better as you can see everyone who is there at the same time.
- On your phone you just see the person who is talking which still works but if you have the choice I would go the computer route as long as you have a camera and microphone on your computer, which most do.
2) Prior to the meeting please make sure your settings are all set to enable video and audio.
3) Email email@example.com to get the login details in advance.
3) Very Important - Make a drink and grab a snack of your choice.
4) Please be comfortable that this group is a secure, safe space.
Death Cafe's are discussion groups rather than grief support or counselling sessions.
About Victoria Keen
Victoria used to attend Jamyang Buddhist Centre at the same time as Jon Underwood, the founder of the Death Cafe movement, when he was manager.
Through her interest in getting people to talk more freely about death and dying she has changed career and is now a Funeral Director at a progressive funeral directors in South East London.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe
Please also see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sylvanroaddeathcafe