About this Death Cafe
Please join us for a free virtual TAOS DEATH CAFE
Death Cafe discussions provide a space for contemplation, insight and connection. There is no agenda, no goal, no advertising, all backgrounds and beliefs are welcome.
We will hold this event virtually with a similar flavor to our
in-person circles, same rules apply regarding upmost confidentiality to create a safe container.
Overview: Many recognize that our culture is death- denying, and that we can live more fully if we embrace the fact of death. Death Cafés around the world provide a relaxed and safe setting to discuss death, so that we can make the most of life. And we will do the same virtually via ZOOM.
WHEN: Sunday Sept 5th @ 2pm Mountain Time.
Please be ready/ in "waiting room" at least 5 minutes prior so we can begin on time, plus i lock the meeting shortly after 2pm, thank you in advance! We will meet 2 to 3:15pm.
WHERE: Vitually Via Zoom. Please EMAIL us at TaosDeathCafe@gmail.com for the link.
Important Steps & Etiquette (Please Read) :
• Please allow your video to be on during the meetings so that we can more easily feel interconnected.
• Please don’t multitask while online with our community. Engage as fully as you would if we were in person.
• Everyone will be muted when entering or exiting the rooms to cut down on feedback and extraneous sounds. However, if you'd like to speak, Unmute yourself, then directly after speaking please Mute yourself again to avoid feedback.
• Please log into Zoom using the link to our meeting five minutes early and you'll be in a waiting room as we will begin promptly at
• Test your audio and video prior to meeting
• No late-comers please. thank you!
~Taos Death Cafe
About Wendy Shuey
Wendy Shuey, end-of-life doula coach and resident of Taos NM. Intention for Taos Death Cafe: to allow a safe space to open conversation on death in order to help individuals and families become more comfortable with this inevitable topic. When not held Online, Taos Death Cafes are usually at Golden Willow Counseling, where Ted Wiard and other staff are grief counselors.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe