Posted by MidwichG
Hosted by Victoria Keen
Nov. 15, 2020
3:00 p.m. (GMT)
5:00 p.m. (GMT)
An Online Death Cafe
This Death Cafe has taken place
About this Death Cafe
Death is generally considered a taboo subject in Western culture. Our objective is to increase awareness of death and explore how this may enhance our everyday well-being.
Due to the situation with Covid-19 this Death Cafe will be held online using www.zoom.us
Please direct message for log in details in advance.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED
TO DO TO SET UP ZOOM TO JOIN ON 4th October at 3pm.
Follow this simple step by step guide:
* Zoom is very user friendly and we will all work together to help each other with this alternative Death Cafe; so if you are not computer savvy, as long as you can get into the chat do not be nervous and think it isn't for you. Have a go we really want to see you.*
1) Download the Zoom app to your mobile phone or sign up at www.zoom.us on you computer; this is free.
- If you download on your computer it is better as you can see everyone who is there at the same time.
- On your phone you just see the person who is talking which still works but if you have the choice I would go the computer route as long as you have a camera and microphone on your computer, which most do.
2) Prior to the meeting please make sure your settings are all set to enable video and audio.
3) Email email@example.com to get the login details in advance.
3) Very Important - Make a drink and grab a snack of your choice.
4)Please be comfortable that this group is a secure, safe place to speak and it is definitely not being recorded.
Death Cafe's are discussion groups rather than grief support or counselling sessions.
About Victoria Keen
Victoria used to attend Jamyang Buddhist Centre at the same time as Jon Underwood, the founder of the Death Cafe movement, when he was manager.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe
Please also see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sylvanroaddeathcafe