About this Death Cafe
The Halifax Death Café is will be held on the Zoom platform for the foreseeable future.
Join us at a Death Café the first Thursday of every month from noon until 1:30 pm….. https://zoom.us/j/385464609
Death Café is a monthly community gathering where people come together to talk, ask questions, and learn all manner of fascinating things about the D word.
Expect to laugh a little, and leave with one thing you never knew before.
- It is an open, unstructured, respectful space free of discrimination where we can express our views and bring our questions safely.
- It is not designed to lead anyone to conclusions about life, death, or life after death, and it is not a place to market information, products or services.
- Those needing bereavement support or grief counselling will be helped to find appropriate support and resources.
- It is always held on a not-for-profit basis and includes food or drink, whether brought or bought.
- People are free to come and go, to talk or not talk as they feel in that moment. Be curious! Enjoy!
About Dawn Carson
Dawn Carson is a successful business owner, Death Doula, Community Deathcaring Educator, Funeral Coordinator, Advance Planning Consultant, Chair – Green Burial Nova Scotia, Meditation Instructor, Non-Violent Communication Facilitator, Certified Yoga Instructor & a consultant on menopause transition . Combining a mix of pragmatic planning and compassionate communication, she provides education and tools to help make your end of life choices. Serving as host of Death Café & Final Curtain Films and as consultant for Death Matters, Dawn is dedicated to creating a culture of openness around living and dying well. Making a plan will help you feel confident in communicating your vision for a good death, no matter where you are in the process right now. Ask yourself “What must I do to be at peace with myself so that I may live presently and die peacefully?”
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe