About this Death Cafe
Please join us for a free virtual TAOS DEATH CAFE!
During this time of irregular schedules and varying emotions, our Death Cafe discussions are paramount to our wellbeing and connection. We will hold this event virtually with a similar flavor to our in-person circles, same rules apply regarding upmost confidentiality to create a safe container.
Overview: Many recognize that our culture is death- denying, and that we can live more fully if we embrace the fact of death. Death Cafés around the world provide a relaxed and safe setting to discuss death, so that we can make the most of life. And we will do the same virtually via ZOOM.
WHEN: Sunday July 5th @ 2:00 PM Mountain Time.
((please note new 2pm start time & please be ready/ in "waiting room" a few minutes prior so we can begin on time, thank you in advance! ). we will meet 2pm to 3:30pm.
WHERE: Vitually Via Zoom. Please EMAIL us at TaosDeathCafe@gmail.com for the link.
Important Steps & Etiquette (Please Read) :
• Please allow your video to be on during the meetings so that we can more easily feel interconnected.
• Please don’t multitask while online with our community. Engage as fully as you would if we were in person.
• Everyone will be muted when entering or exiting the rooms to cut down on feedback and extraneous sounds. However, if you'd like to speak, Unmute yourself, then directly after speaking please Mute yourself again to avoid feedback.
• Please log into Zoom using the link to our meeting five minutes early and you'll be in a waiting room as we will begin promptly at 2pm:)
• No late-comers please. thank you!
• Test your audio and video prior to meeting (or check out the tutorial link below.
• If new to Zoom: Zoom.us is a platform that facilitates digital meetings.
Here's info on how to use Zoom/Join a meeting:
You'll want to download Zoom from https://zoom.us
You can sign up for a free account to participate. You can also download zoom on smart phones as well. There is also an option to join directly from the browser.
Look forward to connecting in June!
For more you can reply to this message
~Taos Death Cafe
About Wendy Shuey
Wendy Shuey, end-of-life doula coach and resident of Taos NM. Intention for Taos Death Cafe: to allow a safe space to open conversation on death in order to help individuals and families become more comfortable with this inevitable topic. When not held Online, Taos Death Cafes are usually at Golden Willow Counseling, where Ted Wiard and other staff are grief counselors.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe