About this Death Cafe
Please join us for a free event on Sunday, May 3rd, 2020:
VIRTUAL TAOS DEATH CAFE
During this uncertain time, community is more important than ever and this topic is on many hearts and minds lately. We can open this discussion in the comfort of our homes with a similar flavor to our in-person circles. Overview: Many recognize that our culture is death- denying, and that we can live more fully if we embrace the fact of death. Death Cafés around the world provide a relaxed and safe setting to discuss death, so that we can make the most of life. And we will do the same virtually via ZOOM, same rules apply regarding upmost confidentiality to create a safe container.
WHEN: Sunday May 3rd @ 3:30pm
WHERE: Vitually Via Zoom. Please EMAIL us at TaosDeathCafe@gmail.com for the link. (We will send link to you the day before the event)
Zoom.us is a platform that facilitates digital meetings.
Here's info on how to use Zoom/Join a meeting:
Important Steps & Etiquette (Please Read) :
• Download Zoom from https://zoom.us
You can sign up for a free account to participate. You can also download zoom on modern smart phones that have apps as well. There is also an option to join directly from the browser.
• Test your audio and video prior to meeting (or attend training the day before).
• We invite you to allow your video/camera to be on during the meetings if you feel comfortable so that we can more easily feel interconnected.
• Please keep outside noise to a minimal, and place your laptop/camera/phone/ipad on a stable surface so it doesn't have to make noise readjusting.
• Please don’t multitask while online with our community. Engage as fully as you would if we were in person.
• Everyone will be muted when entering or exiting the rooms to cut down on feedback and extraneous sounds.
• Please log into Zoom using the link to our meeting five minutes early and you'll be in a waiting room as we will begin promptly at 3:30pm:)
• No late-comers please. thank you!
Look forward to diving in with everyone!
For more you can message us on fb or send an email to TaosDeathCafe@gmail.com
More links: www.DeathCafe.com
~Taos Death Cafe
About Wendy Shuey
Wendy Shuey, end-of-life doula coach and resident of Taos NM. Intention for Taos Death Cafe: to allow a safe space to open conversation on death in order to help individuals and families become more comfortable with this inevitable topic. Taos Death Cafes will be held at Golden Willow Counseling, where Ted Wiard and other staff are grief counselors.