Posted by Alizoun@alid.co.uk
Hosted by Aly Dickinson & Gina Awad
Oct. 27, 2016
2:00 p.m. (Greenwich Mean Time)
9:00 p.m. (Greenwich Mean Time)
The East Down Centre
This Death Cafe has taken place
About this Death Cafe
As we approach All Souls Day, Day of the Dead and Remembrance Sunday we wanted to hold a Community Event so we can be together to remember those we have loved and who have died.
We''ll be at the East Down Centre from 2pm to 9pm and there will be a quite a few things happening. We would love people to drop in anytime during the afternoon and evening but please do let us know if you think you will be coming along by sending an email to email@example.com and we can send then you a programme but here's a snapshot
- Remembrance Death Cafes at 2.30 - 4.00pm and then again at 7.00pm to 9.00pm
- discussion on celebrating a life at a funeral hosted by Nixie James Scott
- how we rememember our dead in different cultures
- a memory wall where you can post your reminisences/send your love/leave a message
- videos and discussion groups
- facilitated groups sharing feelings about grief, bereavement and loss
- sharing food which evoke memories
About Aly Dickinson & Gina Awad
Gina Awad resides in Exeter and has a keen interest in discussing stigmatised topics such as death,dying,dementia and mental health. She is a qualified Counsellor and Reflexologist with a natural ability in promoting expression. As a volunteer, Gina formed and leads the Exeter Dementia Action Alliance and is currently working towards completing a BA n Health and Social Care.
Aly Dickinson lives in Sidmouth and is an End of Life Doula. She trained with a not for profit organisation called Living Well Dying Well. Aly has hosted Death Cafes in the South West and London.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe