Posted by Newman Alexander
Hosted by Me
May 23, 2018
6:00 p.m. (Central European)
8:00 p.m. (Central European)
Suggested donation: DKK30 (to cover costs and as a donation for the venue)
This Death Cafe has taken place
About this Death Cafe
I'll facilitate an open, inclusive space where divergent views can be held with care and love. All are welcomed, as long as you are over 18 years old and speak English.
* Please arrive between 17.45 and 18.00: to ensure the space is as safe aspossible, new people can't join once group agreements have been established
* Recommended donation: 30 kr - however, no-one is turned away for lack of funds
* Donations are used to cover costs, with any leftover money given to The Lighthouse
* This event is conducted in English
* If you have any questions about this event, please message me
This event complements the existing Death Cafe Copenhagen: by siting it at The Lighthouse I hope to open Death Cafe to new audiences, particularly younger people - though of course humans of all ages are welcome.
It's particularly resonant for me to host Death Cafe on this date. On the 23rd May 1993 (25 years ago), I first met Jon Underwood. We became close friends and he went on to found the Death Cafe movement. In 2011 I attended the first Death Cafe, which Jon hosted in his home in London.
In a cruel and ironic twist of fate, Jon died suddenly last June. I offer this Death Cafe in memory of him, in honour of our friendship and to continue the legacy of this valuable work.
Host & facilitator: Newman Alexander
I'm an experienced facilitator with a passion for spaces where we can explore what it means to be human. I've attended a number of Death Cafes, including the world's first. I've facilitated three Death Cafes in London. This is the first time I'm leading Death Cafe in Copenhagen: I'm excited to co-create this precious space with you.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe
Please also see: https://www.facebook.com/events/839792139538629/