About this Death Cafe
– Death Café is an informal group directed discussion of death and dying with no agenda–other than to generate meaningful, energetic conversation—free from judgement
– It is a discussion group rather than a grief support/or counseling for a death of a loved.
– Topics may include beliefs/attitudes, cultural, medical, spiritual and/or social issues that surround death/dying
– It is a respectful and confidential space
– A space for an open discussion on death allowing for personal growth so that one can flourish and lives can be enriched.
– Death Cafe isn’t a place for advice giving or problem solving, but it is a space for connection. Further conversation with group members after group discussion is encouraged.
-Register through the Wilshire Website today
About Wilshire Hospice
Dr. Denise LaRosa, D.O.M.-Denise LaRosa is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine. She had a family practice in Albuquerque, New Mexico since 1996 and was an Associate Professor and Clinical Supervisor at Southwest Acupuncture College until 2009. She then accepted the position of Academic Dean at the Ayurvedic Institute where she also taught Medical Ethics and Practitioner Skills. After moving to San Luis Obispo in 2014 she joined the staff at Wilshire Community Services and currently holds the position as the Bereavement Manager for Wilshire Hospice.
Paul Johnson, M.A. PhD(c), Clinical Psychology-Over seven years in the field of psychology – Systems organization and non-profit administration. Trained in trauma informed care, strength based therapy, emotion focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, grief therapy and group facilitation. Public speaking and presentation as well as grant writing. Paul is a native of San Luis Obispo a graduate of Columbia University with degrees in clinical psychology, sociology and intergenerational studies. He is currently completing a PhD, dissertation with a focus on the lived experiences of families who have loved ones with schizophrenia. They look forward to discussing life, death and dying with you.
Contact the organiser of this Death Cafe