Death Cafe profile for Iñaki Peña Bandrés
About Iñaki Peña Bandrés:
I am a doctor of Internal Medicine in the Basque Country, specially focused on Palliative Care.
I have always written and directed a documentary about the grief process in 2013, which title is "Aulki Hutsak" ("Empty Chairs").
What brings you to Death Cafe?
I first hosted a DC in the town of Zarautz (Basque Country) in March 23, 2017, along with nurse Amaia Artze.
It was part of a massive experience coordinated by the Spanish HUCI Project and leadered by Gabi Heras in about 20 cities and towns.
Contact Iñaki Peña Bandrés
Iñaki Peña Bandrés's posts on the Death Cafe website
It took place on March 23, 2017. In the coastal town of Zarautz (Basque Country), at Hotel Alameda.
Hosted by nurse Amaia Artze and doctor Iñaki Peña, and attended by a total of 14 people:
- 7 women and 7 men.
- Below 50 year old 7 people and >50 another 7.
- 6 health proffesionals, 8 people holding another employment status.
People came from different backgrounds:
- One man came from a Christian parish an one couple from a Buddhist community.
- One 60 year-old woman was going through the anticipatory grief for her husband, ill with cancer.
- One 40 year-old woman told us about having esoteric experiences.
Short video ...